Re: [OM] OM-2S repair in Indonesia (OTDE)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S repair in Indonesia (OTDE)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:41:18 EDT
OTDE=Off The Deep End

In a message dated 4/25/00 12:38:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ray_moth shared:
<< You don't realise how important something is to you until you are in
 danger of losing it. >>

Ray,
 When my OM2 locked up a couple of years ago it revealed aspects of my
personality to me that I had heretofore never realized...primarily regarding
"habits". It seems I am far more sentimental than I ever before
realized....not only regarding the OM2 (which really had me depressed..not
just a little, but a lot as two "repair facilities" deemed it unrepairable. I
had purchased it in the mid-seventies as a newlywed and carried it all over
Europe and the Orient, so it was like losing a family member..), but I also
started looking at other parts of my life. I never thought of myself as
particularly "bound" by habitual behavior, but then realized that was why I
still drive my 1986 Saab 900 (385,000 miles..I can't find a new one I like as
much), still prefer my Dynaco stereo setup from the sixties to our new Adcom
setup,harbor a love of my Grandparent's belongings, prefer to stay at home
Saturday evenings with a good meal, a fire, and a favorite PBS show (As Time
Goes By"..thank God it's not "Lawrence Welk")...oh wow..I am so middle-aged!
I was feeling and fearing that I was no longer a spontaneous person and was
"predictable". To a baby-boomer this can be a serious revelation.
But then come along young'uns like Siddiq who seem to love the system as well
as I, who share the same fetish, so maybe it's not an age-related thing as
much as a love for a certain level of quality? A love for that which is well
done, rather than pure sentimentality? John H. cursed my pocketbook when he
told me he could fix my original Om2 beauty (by rejuvenating my
"LympusLust"), but he also made me a very happy person by bringing it back
into life!  MY OM4T and Om4 will not be mourned like the OM1 and Om2, for the
memories make a huge difference for me!

I cannot for the life of me ever imagine how those of you that are Pro's ever
part with your cameras....
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
"There is a destiny that makes us brothers,
None goes his way alone.
All that we send into the lives of others,
Comes back into our own."
                        - Edwin Markham,  American poet (1852-1940)