portraiture DOF was Re: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs. 100 f2

Subject: portraiture DOF was Re: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs. 100 f2
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
JLind said:
>>>BTW, you can also use a 135/2.8 by backing up just a bit farther and
many do.  At that length you have to watch the DOF and stop down though or
the eyes will be in focus but the nose and ears won't.  My favorite for
tight head shots is the 35-105/3.5-4.5 zoomed out at 105mm and wide
open.<<<

I like doing wide-open (admittedly, it's not often as I like since I
rarely find a happy medium of: 1. person unaware 2. camera handy). Focus
on the eyes using the rangefinder split, and let the nose/ears go blurry.

/Acer V
--
If you can kick it, it's hardware.
If you boot it, it's the OS.