Re: [OM] OM2n / OM2s?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n / OM2s?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:02:16 -0500
Hi Wayne,

I think you must be new to the list. Correct? If so, welcome!  (If not, beg
pardon.) There is a FAQ if you click the URL in the trailer to this message
and then "Links to other Olympus resources" with untold amounts of info
that will fortify you with knowledge to blow away pimply store clerks, who
put lithium batteries in OM cameras and other filthy, unmentionable things.
 There you can read the difference between the OM-2N and OM-2S in detail.
In a nutshell, they are very different cameras, despite the "2".  The 2S is
more like the OM-4 than the OM-2N and is about the same vintage.  There are
some quite unique features about the OM-2S among the single digit OM's,
particularly Program mode in addition to Auto and Manual.  In Manual mode
the meter is a spot meter (meter sensitivity confined to the microprism
circle area).

There was just a thread a couple days ago about wide angle zooms. There are
apparently at least two different Sigma 21-35 zooms which are quite good,
if you can find them.  I believe there is also a Phoenix 19-35 which may be
available new in OM mount.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA