Re: [OM] 28/2 - first impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] 28/2 - first impressions
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:12:35 -0400
So, I guess if you live in the Himalayas, you'd need a 16mm fisheye, eh?

Personally, I think the 28mm is the most useful general purpose wide angle
focal length.  A 35mm is too close to a 50mm and doesn't really give good
coverage of room interiors, etc....so what's the point?  A 28mm does produce
good coverage, though, but doesn't distort obviously like a 24 does.  A 35mm
makes a terrific "normal" lens, however...and a 35 and 90 combination is
really useful.  Y'know, somebody ought to come up with some kind of variable
focal length lens that would focus at both 35 and 90 and everwhere in
between.  I'll betcha you could make a gazillion dollars with that idea.  I
think I'll work on it...

Craig R.
Boston (the home of great thinkers)