Re: [OM] Some new images(Simon)

Subject: Re: [OM] Some new images(Simon)
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 06:41:14 +0100
Susan Steele wrote:

>Simon..love seeing your scans! The dunes are wonderful. What scanner are you
>using?

Thankyou. The dunes are a different shade in the slide, but it's close
enough. I I use a Minolta D'Image. It works very well with negatives, esp
thin b&w ones. I'm even concerned that my 'real-life' darkroom printing
won't get the shadow detail out of the mono negs like the scanner does.
However, slides are tricky. The high Dmax of slide films means you really
have to fight to get the shadow detail from them. I suspect this is the case
with all film scanners. It has loads of adjustment for this and that, and I
don't know how to use half of them properly. Dense colour negatives are hard
work too, it seems to send the colour balance off once it is imported into
PSP/Photoshop.

Simon.