[OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions

Subject: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:03:54 +1000
I've run into a couple of problems with the Winder 2 on a
Manfrotto tripod, using the small (non-hex) quick release
plates.

First, neither of my two plates will screw right home
any more. I imagine the cork shims have been compressed,
but not by much to look at them, and the plates work on
all of my bodies and lenses. The question is: is the
hole in the winder too shallow, or the screw on the
plates too long? For the moment, I've put a paper shim
between the winder and the plate.

Second, the connection between the winder and any
of several bodies isn't as rigid as I'd like. (A strong
argument for integral motor drive, IMO.)

Finally, would a Motor Drive 2 mount more rigidly
and be better quality? Counting against it is that it
can't take AA's. The Control Grip is unsuitable
for use with a beanbag. How many rolls will the flat
Nicad pack take, including power rewind? I may not have
mains readily available or want to carry the charger.