RE: [OM] 35-70mm zooms (zoom-shade design).

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-70mm zooms (zoom-shade design).
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:29:56 +0200
Yes Wayne, but you can see that in the case of the 3.6 lens, as the zoom
increases the focal length and the lens get shorter, the effect of the
shade automatically adapts to this focal lenght (wide on 35mm and narrow on
70mm). The zoom f 4 has the same shade effects along all the focal lenght.

One member of the Oly List  tell me some time ago this action (effect) is
like the Canon 28-85, some Tokina RMC lenses and other excellents lenses.
The good design of theese lenses allows to get this "perfect shade effect"
on every position of the zoom. The other Olympus trans-standars zooms don´t
benefit from his complet shade effect. (35-70 f 4,the little one f 3.5-4.5
or the 35-105 3.5-4.5).

This particularity of the zoom 37-70 f 3.6 means that is not the same thing
to design a zoom and later design a shade for it,  and to design all the
set zoom-shade on the same time looking for the best technical advantages.

Can somebody explain what happens about this question with the zoom 35-80 f
2.8 ?

Ángel Lobo.
CUENCA  ( Spain ).