[OM] on ebay

Subject: [OM] on ebay
From: Boris Grigorov <grigorov@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:05:03 -0600
HI, all.
I need some buying method suggestions. About ready to
give up on ebay(heard a lot of praises about it lately from
some of the members)
Let me know if I am out of my mind.
My last two transactions were disasterous.
simonsays10@xxxxxxxxxxx sent me a lens(Zuiko) full of
fungus and a flash with a broken plate. Nothing that I could
do, because we negotiated the deal after the bidding was
closed. Now, another guy wants to refund my money for the
broken lens he send only if I pay for the shipping($13 both
ways).

Isn't it better if I buy from a dealer? I really do not mind
paying overhead anymore, if it is not outrageous of course.
At least will not have this problems anymore(am I right???).
Is it possible to establish a relationship with a reputable
dealer for future purchases of OLY equipment? Would you
recommend? Can you get discounts from a dealer if you
make small purchases, but on regular basis? Do I have to
point out to them the status of a regular customer each
time to get the discount? I live in St. Louis and there is one
shop, but I have never dealt with them.
I need to complain a little more. I have been on the list for
about a month. Ever since I subscribed started to get this
junk mail from some @compuserve.com. (usually the first
part is some garbage characters). Has anyone succeeded
removing itself from their list?
At the end, I want to apologize to all of you who helped me
with your advice in the last month, but up until this week,
did not know that it is customary to send personal thanks to
someone through the list. I always thought that this will not
be fair to the people from countries which pay for telephone
a lot more than we do here.
Thanks in advance(and thanks for reading my bi***es).
Boris
P.S. I will consider the name of a reputable Zuiko dealer on
ebay.