RE: [OM] Motor Drive 2

Subject: RE: [OM] Motor Drive 2
From: "Michael Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 08:49:28 -0500
A full charge for a fully functional MD 15V pack is about 40
rolls of film.  If you press the check button on the back upper
left corner of the battery pack, the test light will either
stay on (full charge), blink (half-charge) or not come on (needs
to be charged).  Full charging takes about ~4-5 hours.  For
NiCad health, you should run down fully before recharging, as
NiCads are susceptible to "memory" effect, which is a buildup
of crystals on the plate, decreasing its charge capacity.

If it won't charge fully, John Hermanson repairs the battery
packs, and can replace the NiCad with NiMH batteries, which
have no memory effect.

If you need more information, all the specs are here:
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/motordrivegroup/control_pack.htm

Hope this helps,
Mike