Re: [OM] on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] on ebay
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:58:47 +0000
Perhaps we should modify this consensus.  I think this arose from Paul
Van Tuyl (sp?) who never contributed anything to the list beyond his
advertisements.  I for one did not appreciate his pure commercial use of
the list, even though by all accounts he is a nice person.

You on the other hand do contribute more than pure commercial self
interest posts and I personally would have no problem with you posting
about interesting items you might have for sale.

The same went for Gary Schloss.  He contributed to the general
discussions of the list and occasionally would slip in a shameless
commercial plug cunningly disguised as an on topic post ;-)

I didn't mind that at all, in fact it was very entertaining to see each
new ploy he would use to slip one in.  I doubt anyone else minded either.

I still think posts referring to Ebay auctions are a bit annoying but a
straight for sale notice with a price would be OK for list contributors.

How do others feel?

Giles