Re: [OM] on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] on ebay
From: lgriffin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:09:55 -0700
Joel,
        I agree with you on this. Perhaps some requirement that some number of
post of a non FS or FA content need to be made in some time period, in order to
post FS or FA.  Your suggestion for a particular day might help alleviate the
distraction they may cause. In addition the subject should be constructed such
that it is easily filtered. Which then brings up another problem who is going
to "Police" it. If a change is made I think that rule should be posted on the
List Home page and referenced at the end of each FS or FA auction post or
should it be for FA only posts that the rule applies? Even with these
suggestions there are some that may still be offended.  The List of late has
been rather benign in regards to "Flame Wars", etc. and I hope this doesn't
start anything. I do think that the seller should have reasonable expectation
of achieving his price. The seller has invested time and finances in their
collection or acquisitions as it may be. I also think that the List may benefit
from knowing who the seller is of auctioned item. The buyer wouldn't
necessarily have to participate in the auction. They could make an off List
offer.

Regards,
Larry