[OM] OM-1n vs OM-2s view finder image

Subject: [OM] OM-1n vs OM-2s view finder image
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 06:59:30 -0700
Hello all,
        While on the subject of airplanes,  I was trying to get some shots of a
B17 that was flying around on Saturday.  When my 400 f4.5 is mounted on
the OM-1n the view finder is crisp and clear.  But when I mounted the
same lens on the OM-2s there was a (vignetting?) darkening pattern
visible in the viewfinder.  I've tried to show what I see with ascii art
below:
 ______________
|              |
|  /        \  |
| |          | |
| |          | |
|  \        /  |
|              |
----------------

        Is this an indication of a misadjustment of one of the cameras?  Or
maybe just a artifact of the semi silvered mirror of the OM-2s?  I am
using a 1-13 screen in the OM-1n and a 2-13 in the OM-2s.

        Worst of all when he came back over our house I was under the house
repairing a drain line.  By the time I clambered out he was out of
range.  But I'll tell you the sound of those four big radial engines was
worth the bumps and bruises getting out of the crawl space.

TIA,

Mike Butler
Dublin, California