Re: [OM] OM-1n vs OM-2s view finder image

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1n vs OM-2s view finder image
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 11:03:54 EDT
In a message dated 05/01/2000 10:41:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
abutler@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> While on the subject of airplanes,  I was trying to get some shots of a
>  B17 that was flying around on Saturday.  When my 400 f4.5 is mounted on
>  the OM-1n the view finder is crisp and clear.  But when I mounted the
>  same lens on the OM-2s there was a (vignetting?) darkening pattern
>  visible in the viewfinder.

I've never noticed a problem like this. I've tried this as long as a 300/4.5
+2x-A with my OM-2S and OM-4 with 2 series screens without any noticeable
problems. I'll check it again when I get home, though. My guess is it is some
sort of artifact from the 2 series screen. Try putting a 1 series screen in
the OM-2S and see what happens.

Paul Schings