[OM] Motor Drive 2 -Reply

Subject: [OM] Motor Drive 2 -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 13:28:37 -0400
The check light will blink when pressed if the battery is low and remain steady
otherwise. When it blinks, charge 3-4 hours.

>>> "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/29/00 01:50am >>>
Greetings O all-knowing Oly gurus.

Yesterday I bought a used Motor Drive 2 :))) The drive part has
instructions, but the power pack hasn't. It's the 15 volt NiCad one.
Since I have a track record of trashing NiCad batteries by
inappropriate charging, can anyone offer advice on keeping these in
good health please.

In particular:

 - is it important to run them down thoroughly before charging?
 - and is it important not to over-charge them?
 - how long do they take to charge?
 - how do I know when they are empty enough to charge, or full enough
to stop?

I had agreat idea for TOPE 2  but so far the fates have conspired most
expertly against it.

And way off-topic - Acer, I love your signoff. Have you seen the
Windows haiku:

        Yesterday it worked.
        Today it isn't working.
        Windows is like that.