RE: [OM] short shift question

Subject: RE: [OM] short shift question
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:43:13 +0800
Acer wrote:

> So to get the top of a tall building, I'd shift the lens
> /down/? Isn't an
> SLR supposed to correct right-side up and left-right?

You shift the lens UP 10mm this is equivalent to shifting the subject DOWN
10m, you get more of the top of the subject in (or your whole camera UP
10m).  That's only really the story for FLAT subjects (e.g. the face of a
building), any subject with any depth will get the perspective changed in a
different way to raising the camera 10m.