Re: [OM] Varifinder

Subject: Re: [OM] Varifinder
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:03:20 +0100
Paul Reynolds wrote:

>...There is an auction on E Bay for a "OLYMPUS VARI-FINDER 90 DEGREE
>MAGNIFINIER"
>Does anyone have any idea how much these are worth?...

They seem to go for £125 in UK dealers' lists. The real name is Varimagni
and it's a right-angle viewfinder converter that clips behind the camera's
viewfinder. It provides a right-way up but reversed left-to-right image with
a switchable 2.5x magnifier. I don't think they were originally very
expensive - I base that on the fact that even *I* bought one new in the late
'80s :-)

If you don't need both functions (r/a AND magnifier), the separate Pentax
units for the Spotmatic will fit an OM, with perhaps a bit of filing, and
are much cheaper.

Regards
Keith Berry