RE: [OM] %$#$%&! Oly viewfinder

Subject: RE: [OM] %$#$%&! Oly viewfinder
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:59:21 +0100
Cc: "'pw@xxxxxxxxx'" <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Paul Wallich asked:

>> Should I just get the film back
>> unmounted, and scan the pix or mount the ones I like?

I used to get the film processed only, then mount them in
GePe mounts. Then I took to doing my own E6 processing.

Since I got my scanner I've stopped mounting them at all and
just keep them in strips of six like negatives. This suits me
as it's cheaper, presents less of a storage problem and I
think the images look good "in context", like a contact sheet.

However, I think you'll find that, like the vast majority of
slide mounts and enlarger negative carriers, the film holders
for scanners will still  tend to crop the frame slightly. This
is true of my Minolta Scan Dual. But at least you can choose
your own cropping (or widen out the carrier).

-Brian