Re: [OM] on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] on ebay
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 07:42:07 -0700
Ray wrote:
IMHO, it would be best to do what I've seen some List members do
already: that is, to list items available for sale but without prices
and other details. Members who are interested can then inquire off
list, via private e-mail, to get the full details, such as condition of
items, prices, shipping, etc. That way we don't miss out on interesting
information and the List doesn't get turned into a catalog!

I have to disagree,  I think the consensus was the if items are put up
for sale on the list they should have a price attached to prevent the
list from becoming an auction.
        To summarize my opinion:

For sale by owner is fine as long as that's not their only contribution
to the list and no FA notices.

        I thought this was the list preference the last time the issue came
up.  I think we are just doomed to periodically go through some of these
issues as the list membership changes with time.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California

P.S.  I am very pleased to hear Gary Reese will now consider posting
items to the list in the future.  I have bid on a couple of his items
and even "won" one.  The chance to avoid eBay is much appreciated.