[OM] Advice on 90mm macro lens

Subject: [OM] Advice on 90mm macro lens
From: "François" Corriveau <koivuf@xxxxxxx>
Date: 2 May 00 12:18:44 EDT
Hi all

I need an advice for a macro lens. I currently have a Vivitar 55mm F2.8 (1:1).
I want to sell it because it dosen't accept any Olympus ring flash AND because
of it's very (too) short working distance. I know I should buy a Zuiko 90mm
F2, but it's well beyound my reach!

Maybe a Zuiko 55mm would be nice, but I want to be able to go all the way to
1:1 AND still have a respectable working distance.

I know that for a little less than the price of the 55mm, I can have a 90mm
third-party lens. I've done some "research" and it seems that the Tamron 90mm
SP is the best third-party.  Am I right? I know the lens  have a 1:2
magnification @ 39cm.. Can I use an extension tube to obtain 1:1? Will it
"cut" the working distance dramaticly?

I also tought I could use use my Zuiko 50mm 1.8 with my Vivitar extension
tubes (12-20-36mm) and save my money for one year (maybe more...) and buy the
Zuiko 90mm F2!

Finally, any other suggestions?

Thank you all, I really appreciate it!!!