Re: [OM] Lens storage.....

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens storage.....
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:24:40 -0700
So how do you gear fetichists (again you, Tom.... ;) store your prescious
gear? Any advices are appreicated...

I have an Ikea Billy bookshelf with glass shelves and doors devoted to camera gear. I put some little halogen under-cabinet lights in there that I run now and then to dry the air a bit and radiate some UV. I'm going to add a little brass hasp and lock to avoid casual pilferage, although a determined thief would simply break the glass.

All the stuff looks pretty impressive in there with the lights on!

It came to a bit over $200. If that sounds a bit much, consider the whole thing cost less than a new LowePro backpack that doesn't store as much. Some assembly required... :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>