Re: [OM] Colour films

Subject: Re: [OM] Colour films
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 00:22:49 +0000
 As it so happens I just got back my first roll of Fuji Provia F today.

On it were some macro shots of frog spawn I thought might be nice.   They
are quite stunning 8-)

For once I had the time and the gear and seem to have used both to great
effect.  Benbo bent low and with legs immersed, 90/2 macro stopped right
down, self timer on 4Ti and good light.

I feel a large Ilfochrome classic coming on ;-)

It is a great feeling when all the elements synergise and seem to go
right.

This is a wonderful film, it will be my slide film of first choice.  I do
not think it's palette is unnatural.  I suppose it is in the eye of the
beholder.  I think this film is a natural choice for macro use.

I was not happy with the over the top colour of Velvia but I liked the
fineness of grain.  Now there is even finer grain without the colour
blush.

Giles