[OM] OM camera lack of many parts, out of productioni

Subject: [OM] OM camera lack of many parts, out of productioni
From: "vivey" <vivey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 21:08:47 -0500
I LOVE my OM-1 and at one time was thinking of getting another camera body such
as maybe an OM-2s or so, but I am beginning to wonder if I should change
systems.  I dont have a HUGE amount of money invested in my system, but I DO
have a bit of money in it.  I really like manual, mirror lock up, and all
manual as well as the fact that the camera only uses the batteries for the
meter and the lenses are GREAT, but I am worried that I will end up with a dead
camera or a system I can not get fixed or something.  I was wondering what you
all think about this?  I like to do outdoor photography, landscapes and
astrophotography as well as a few others.  I know I may be over reacting, but I
just hate to end up with nothing for what I have invested.  I do love the
system though.  I just wish someone made parts and supported the camera.  How
wonderful it would be if someone would pick up one of the best camera systems
made and produce parts and such for it...  I love the system, but dont want to
be caught without.  Thanks again for all your advice and opinions.