Re: [OM] OM-1 battery replacement MR-9

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 battery replacement MR-9
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 08:29:02 -0600
At 11:51 PM 5/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone had any information about the MR-9 adapter that lets
>you use the usual silver oxide batteries in the OM-1 instead of the other
>replacements or old lead batteries.  Thanks for any and all information
>concerning this matter.

"Any and all information?"  Yikes.  Nothing like being specific...

Here's what you need to know.  They work.  They replace mercuries (no longer
available, although Varta, the last battery maker on the planet who made
mercuries, still has old stock).  They cost a lot, but solve a problem.  You
can buy them at the C.R.I.S. Camera Services website at:

      http://www.criscam.com/

That's about it.

Garth