[OM] RE: lens shades and other issues...

Subject: [OM] RE: lens shades and other issues...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 22:13:55 +0100
Again the perils of the Digest subscriber.

I too have the rubber 28/2.8 28/3.5 shade, currently on my 28/3.5 (don't
have the other one; yet), which I picked up at Quiggs in Glasgow from their
'bin' for UKP1. Also at the same time one of the metal 28/3.5 shades (same
price, mint), a 35-105 shade which is currently on my 35-70/4 and a 35-70
shade, approximately 60mm, rubber, which doesn't fit my 35-70. So now I need
a lens for this shade.... ;-)

All the shades in the Quiggs bin were UKP1 each. It's a great resource...

As per FS and FA postings, I'm with Rand here; why change anything?

I have been using K64 and occasionally K25 for nearly 20 years, and having
got used to it am usually aghast with the results from other films. My few
forays into planet Fuji have been disappointing (one slide containing a red
jacket against a grassy background really hurts to look at - it looks as if
the red has leaked out, like an old inkjet...). I keep promising myself a
fair trial of modern K64 alternatives, it's getting the time to get used to
them. K64 is familiar, does the job (when I manage to do the job :-( ), and
I have only had problems once or twice (drying marks, smashed boxes).

Donald.