Re: [OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4 as backup body

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4 as backup body
From: "Pawel Golik" <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 18:28:17 -0400

> On this topic, Is there any way (short of disassembly) to determine
> whether an OM4 has the new low battery drain circuit board.  Battery
> drain tells you if you have the problem, having the new circuit board
> tells you if you are susceptible to the problem in the future.

Hi all - a new poster here!
    AFAIK the 'new' OM-4s were modified to contain the 4T circuit. Another
thing they change is that if you put the lever to battery check position the
light and beep will stop after 30 seconds. So, if your batt. check shuts
down automatically after 30s you have a 'new' OM-4 without the excessive
drain (still, despite new circuitry, no full-sync to F280).
    Anyone can confirm this? Am I right? I have an OM-4 I bought used from
Brad's Collectibles (http://www.usedphoto.com) in good condition (everything
works,but some brassing on body, which doesn't bother me at all) for $260. I
was ver glad to see it's batt. test auto shut down in 30s (and I have used
it for more than a month without having to change batteries, so I guess it
doesn't drain excessively).

Cheers
Pawel

--
Pawel Golik, Ph.D.
Center for Molecular Medicine, Emory University