Re: [OM] Colour films

Subject: Re: [OM] Colour films
From: "Glenn Garza" <glenngarza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 19:11:15 -0400
It was I who was unhappy with the color palette of F100, and all Fuji
chromes for that matter. I too just today received some slides shot on my
last roll of this film. You could say the satisfaction with a films color
rendition is in the eye of the beholder, not the actual color rendition. All
frames were shot on an OMPC with a 28/3.5 and a 50/1.8. These are the only
Zuiko lenses I have left. I plan to add a 100/2.8 fairly soon. Then maybe a
200/4.

Back to the films. Again many of the colors, as well as shading just are not
right. Sure some of the pictures are pretty, but they are not exactly what
was there. When I want pictures to look like they were shot on a Disney
World set, I use Velvia. I realize that these colors get peoples attention,
but I do not care. I want a sharp, grainless, accurate film that is good in
bright and shadow that I can be creative with. At least for my general
picture taking needs. Oh please Kodak won't you bring my Ektachrome back.

Glenn Garza

P.S. Then again, what do I know.