[OM] OM-4 vs. OM-4 Ti (Electrical circuit).

Subject: [OM] OM-4 vs. OM-4 Ti (Electrical circuit).
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 20:29:06 +0200
        Hi Pawel and all.

        On 1987 I buy a camera OM 4. Some months later ( one day that I was
changing the batterys) the display stop working. I sent the camera to the
oficial Olympus distribuitor and technical maintenance here in Spain (ROS
FOTOCOLOR) and in a weak they changed the complet electrical circuit of the
camera. They tell me there are not other solution to the problem and that
the new circuit on my camera is the circuit of the OM 4 Ti.

        In only some weeks I note that the camera don´t eat (devour) the
batterys.

        From then on I´m very happy with my "new circuit" on a camera working
all
the days ( 14 years ). I want to tell you that I never check the betterys
on the system of "stop the beep and led on 30 seconds", but is very very
evident that this new circuit don´t eat the batt. as do the old circuit.

        Best from Spain.

        Ángel Lobo.

        PS: Still I have the "complet old circuit" if someone need it or like
the
electronical surgery.

> De: Pawel Golik <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> A: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Asunto: Re: [OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4 as backup body
> Fecha: jueves 4 de mayo de 2000 0:28
>
> Hi all - a new poster here!
>     AFAIK the 'new' OM-4s were modified to contain the 4T circuit.
Another