Re: [OM] Tom Scales (OT - cars)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tom Scales (OT - cars)
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:46:03 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Denton Taylor wrote:

>At 02:58 PM 5/4/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>I don't mean to be a smart ass, but you drive like that and you'll end
>>up in the hospital.
>
>Only when you go around a curve...

If it's rear drive and you oversteer, you can lift throttle a bit to bring
the tail out; else neutral the tranny and sweat the corner :) If
understeering, lift throttle or left-foot brake to bring the tail out a
little. All else failing (when you've REALLY overcooked the corner),
neutral the tranny (slush or stick {both feet in [clutch/brake]}, pull the
e-brake, and yank the wheel. Induce spin, dissipate energy before impact.

No I don't really drive like a nut-case, I just play on the OM list ;)

/Acer V
--
goosnargh

PS, I like to rev match downshifts and bring the tail out in some corners
:))))