RE: [OM] 35-70/3.5-4.5

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-70/3.5-4.5
From: "Michael Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 19:42:30 -0500
Gary Reese wrote:

>> snip <<

Word on the street is that KEH is hurting. They have really slashed
prices on some of their inventory, esp. generic lenses. Notice how they
had to revamp their WWW site to include pictures and descriptions?
Perhaps the concept of a WWW site where you have to attract shopper's
eyeballs is now passé?  Seems to me there are too many sites on the WWW
competing for attention.  I sure get a kick out of camera stores that
think they are getting the Internet religion and going on-line with a
shopping cart approach. A little late, perhaps? Who are they trying to
attract?  Sarcastically, they had better drop their prices a penny below
the competition because the shopping bots won't list their goods to the
top of the heap if they don't.

>> snip <<

I'm in Dallas, and the KEH store here closed - bought out by KEH in
Atlanta.  I've heard that they are preparing to go public, so they are
working to pair down and get things in order.  They bought out the
Dallas store to bring operations in to Atlanta, supposedly.

Mike