[OM] 20mm and 38mm macros on the body?

Subject: [OM] 20mm and 38mm macros on the body?
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 00:25:19 EDT
It is possible to use the 20mm and 38mm (auto) macros directly on the body?
All the literature (that I have seen) says they have to be used conjunction
with the bellows or tele auto tube.  Could I put either lenses on the body
and have a fixed magnigication ratio?  Neither have the extensions like the
80mm and 135mm auto macros, so is there some other mechanical (mirror)
problem preventing this?

Also, I received a bunch of TTL cords and other assorted goodies in the mail
yesterday.  One of the items was a little plastic piece that screws into the
hotshoe mount of the 1n and 2n.  It has two little plastic pins that slip
into the slots just behind/below the screw where the hotshoe mounts.  Does
anybody have one of these?  How common are they?  I might be willing to trade
for 250 f2.  I probably could not pass up and offer with the 250 f2 with the
90 f2 Macro or with the35-70 f2.8  :)

--p.j.

Special thanks to all who gave me recommendations for my brother's wedding on
the beach.  Fortunately, I am not the "official" photographer, the wedding is
at 6:00 p.m. (not high noon), bride and groom are not in a white lace dress
or black tuxedo, respectively, and I have no pressure to produce good
results.  Based on the suggestions of many, I am taking a mix of stuff, but
I'm mainly going with Portra 160 NC and VC.
Also thanks to all who helped with my searches for parts and part numbers
(tripod collar, T-28 twin, deep rear cap for 135/4.5).  I stumbled upon the
last item on John H's website, though...speak up when ya got something
somebody is looking for!
Lastly, I enjoy the list despite getting bogged down in all the messages some
days.  There are some excellent sources of information within the group.  I
only wish I could contribute more than asking questions, which always
seemingly appear to be the ones that have been covered over and over.  I'm
hoping I don't mess up my big chance to help Olaf with his 28/2 front element
problem.