[OM] [OT - private reply please] Digital Darkroom Colour Management ass

Subject: [OM] [OT - private reply please] Digital Darkroom Colour Management assistance needed
From: Sean Chan <Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:56:12 +0900
Hello all,

I thought I'd ask you guys/gals here first hoping there's a digital
darkroom expert who can help me. I'd greatly appreciate if you can
reply to me *privately* as this has nothing to do with Oly gear.
But you guys have been very approachable and friendlier than the
net (I've also asked the same question to my EOS-3 members).

My issue is with regards to :-

1) Film scanning on Polaroid SprintScan 4000 PolarColor Insight 4.5RC1,
   or Ed Hamrick's Vuescan 5.9(t53)
   a) input profiles
   b) output colour spaces
   c) 8 bit vs 12(16) bit

2) then appropriate colour space for working in Photoshop 5.5 and how
   where to set it

3) Printing to Epson Colorio PM-3300C (Japanese version of the Stylus
   Photo 1270...no difference in hardware and software driver)
   a) printer driver settings
   b) Photoshop print window settings

In short, it's a Colour Management question however I don't really want
the full in-depth concept/theory of it. I'm hoping for the quick and
dirty "Set this here and do that there" procedures.

Thanks,
Sean
--
Sean Chan         Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx       http://www.msdw.co.jp
EI/UNIX IT Dept.  +81 3 5424-4318 (W)        +81 3 5424-4399 (F)