OT: 2-stroke ramblings [was: Re: [OM] Oil Changing]

Subject: OT: 2-stroke ramblings [was: Re: [OM] Oil Changing]
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 15:50:54 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Riek, Christopher" <christopher.riek@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 2:42 PM
Subject: RE: [OM] Oil Changing

> Changing Oil?!? If you've got one of the old Saab 96's, you just put the oil
> in the gas tank. They have 3-cylinder 2-stroke engines. You never have to
> "Change" the oil because it is always using fresh oil!
> -Chris Riek

As did my Kawasaki 500 H1 Mach III bike that I used to have. 3-cylinder and
about
as much horsepower (60 DIN, don't know about bhp) as well. 0-60 mph in less
than 4
sec. The most charming and beautiful bike I've had. Lots and lots of brute power
with no handling at all...

I remember one day when the wire that adjusts the amount of oil being injected
broke, and the oil pump locked on "full oil injection"! Talk about air
pollution!
If I hade been chased by a police car then they've probably never would have
found
in the oil fog...

Sorry for the OT folks, but I couldn't resist...

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården
http://www.kolmarden.com/

P.S. I'm a Saab driver (900i 16v -89 at present) since the early 80's as well,
but
I've never driven a 2-stroke Saab.