Re: [OM] Any FBI Agents or Police Officers on this site?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any FBI Agents or Police Officers on this site?
From: Daryl F Hurley <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:46:14 -0500
On Mon, 8 May 2000 22:12:03 -0500 "Samuel Morales"
<dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 What kills me is that in the State of Texas, they
> only go
> back fifteen years into the history of title transfers, which
> absolutely
> floored my mind.  The records are destroyed!

I realize this is no help, but based on my experience, Texas has not only
the worst title records, but also has the most absurd overall motor
vehicle registrations laws of all the States.

> I know we have a very diverse group and thought what the heck.   I
> have
> tried my auto egroups site, however photographers tend to think
> outside the
> box.  Any suggestions or Ideas?  Someone told me to locate the FBI
> or law
> enforcement agency, they have ways.

Yes, they do, but (again in my experience) they usually don't "share"
their information unless some criminal activity is involved.  Your best
bet, if you can locate them, is actually the dealership's salesman's
records.  I've found car salesmen keep excellent records of who bought
what when, what they traded, miles on the trade-in, etc.  If the second
owner bought it through a dealership and can remember the salesman's

Good Luck,
Daryl Hurley
Topeka, KS