[OM] Florida photo tips

Subject: [OM] Florida photo tips
From: rghosal@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:42:01 +0000
Howdy all,
          delurking to ask all you knowledgeable folks
for some tips on photography in Florida's Sarasota area
(specifically, Anna Maria Island).  I plan to be there
over Memorial Day.  Any and all information would be
appreciated, such as-
- What are the interesting photographable sights in the
area for nature or scenic shots (other than the ocean,
of course)
- What would be a good film choice: current plan- Fuji
Sensia II 100, Kodak E100VS (never tried this one
before), and Kodachrome 64 for slides, and Fuji Superia
100 for prints
- How do you deal with the washed-out tone in some shots
of the ocean (faced this problem on earlier trips)?  Is
it enough to use a polarizer?  Also, this area has white
sand, I assume I would need to overexpose slightly to
get good detail in the rest of the picture?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.  You can e-mail
me off-list if you like.

Regards,
Ranjan