RE: [OM] Bounce Flash

Subject: RE: [OM] Bounce Flash
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:36:43 -0400
If I remember correctly, the 30DX is like the 422D, but does not have the
auto-off feature.
Also, there is a Standard Module for the 422D, 30DX that allows use of
standard PC cord, but you lose TTL.

If using Vivitar 3700, 4600, could also use the Vari-Slave module and get PC
cord function with no TTL.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

Rand stated:
Try the Sunpak brand flashes.  Examples are the 422D and the 433D.  They
carry the punch of a Vivitar 283, all the TTL & OTF of the Olympus
T-Series yet have tilt & swivel etc.  They don't accept a TTL cord and
won't fit on the BG2 but in many ways outperform the T-32.  They are
generally available on eBay used for anywhere from $12 to $35.  A thing
to remember though, the 422D is capable of interchangeable camera
dedication modules (Olympus, canon etc.) whereas the 433D does not.  The
above applies also to the Sunpak Auto 30DX but I think that it is not
quite as powerful as the 422 and the 433 models (someone please set me
straight if I am wrong on this).  The 30DX uses the same interchangeable
modules as the 422.