[OM] BG2 - buyer beware!

Subject: [OM] BG2 - buyer beware!
From: Wayne <wkatez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 22:33:23 -0400
I  took delivery of a "mint, like new, with manual, in original box"
BG2 this afternoon from a mail order shop in California.

Unfortunately, the knurled chrome piece that attaches the base to the
grip looks like it has been "chewed" by pliers and is jammed. Paid a
premium price because of the stated condition - caveat emptor, eh brute?

Will I do some serious damage if I get it un-stuck with pliers (in a
rubber grip) so that I can use it?

Also, the promised manual was non-existent. Does anyone know where I
could download the manual for a BG2? It can't be very big.

Thanks all,
Wayne