RE: [OM] diparition of the IS-3000 (IS-3) ?

Subject: RE: [OM] diparition of the IS-3000 (IS-3) ?
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:10:53 +0200
Marc Simon cried in dispair:

:Hi all and especially Per, Ken N., Hans and the other fans of
:the IS-3000
:bad news our beloved IS-3000 is no more in the last price list
:(7/4/200)
:of the Belgian importer..!
:Does it mean it will disappear ? I've seen one new last week
:in Brussels...
:I'm seriously considering collecting funds to buy it...
:regards

Now, now, Marc, why is it that I have the strong impression that you're only
looking for excuses to justify to your wife buying this beautiful camera? ;)

I really don't know if it is going to be discontinued soon. Both Per and me
hope that it will be succeeded by the iS-4000 (maybe at the PhotoKina
2000?).

For what it's worth, the Oly sites at America, Europe and Japan still have
entries for the iS-3 / iS-3000 / L-3. Look for instance at the Japanese site
(Japanese language version)
http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/Lsrs/index.html and the entry for the
L3: http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/Lsrs/l3top.html

hnz