Re: [OM] Olympus OM30 (OM-F).

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM30 (OM-F).
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 08:59:53 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-13 07:43:04 EDT, you, Keith, write:

> But isn't there a risk of letting light in? I think the instructions for the
>  Winders say to couple/uncouple it in subdued lighting for this reason.
>  The OM-10, 20, 30, 40 don't have caps, as you say, but perhaps they have
>  different light trapping. Even so, I keep the MD orifice of my OM-40 (PC)
>  covered with a cardboard disk held in place with black plastic tape when my
>  only Winder's on an OM-2n.

Yes the light trapping is different but the reason the professional models
OM-[1-4] don't have a cap is that the other method of a self-contained light
trap may let in a little dirt and may in fact wear out over time.  It is very
convenient though and for the rare number of times I use a winder I'd rather
have the capless interface for all my OMs.

Warren