Re: [OM] digital vs. film (Acer Scanwit added) - more notes - OT

Subject: Re: [OM] digital vs. film (Acer Scanwit added) - more notes - OT
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 06:36:58 -0400
Uh oh!  Tell me more since I just bought one.  After I saw your note
about researching and settling on the Scanwit I did a search on the web
to get more tech detail and just happened to encounter a group of seven
of them being auctioned on ubid (which I had never heard of before).  I
bid $249 and got one of them and the rest went for $249-269.  Since you
said you had just got a good deal at $400 after rebate I was feeling
really pleased with myself for having saved $150.

The unit hasn't been sent yet but there is no way for me to cancel the
sale and merchandise is not returnable unless DOA.  Any advice on what
to watch for?  My machine does not contain any SCSI devices so there
should be no conflicts with the included SCSI card (whatever it is).
I'll keep y'all posted.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

I thought I'd share that I am giving up on the Scanwit. I just couldn't
get
it to be reliable. It kept locking up my machine.

Frustration set it.

So, I decided if I am going to do it, I'll do it right. I'm going to buy
the
Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 (4000 dpi) and an Epson 1270 printer (13x44
inch
prints).