Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:46:03 EDT

>I'd like to hear from anyone who has put the brighter 2-13 screen in
an
>OM-1 or OM-2.  Did you like the results?  Was it easier to focus?  Did
you
>have any problems with a discrepancy between the manual exposure meter
and
>the off-the-film automatic exposure?

yeah, it's very bright. in fact, it appears to have the same brightness
as if i'm not looking through the camera at all. but, i stopped using
it after a ruined a roll of film because i forgot to compensate for the
added brightness while in manual mode on my om2n. i use a 1-4n screen
in both cameras now and am very happy with them, in spite of the dimmer
view. i find that the split rangefinder and microprism interfer with
composition too much and i'd rather just determine focus by looking at
the ground glass. i have a damaged 2-13 screen that will work ok if you
want it for the cost of shipping.

>My OM-2 is currently at John H's undergoing a CLA.  I'm seriously
thinking
>about asking him to put in a 2-13 and recalibrate both meters so they
>"track" with this screen (I'm assuming this is possible). On the other
>hand, I've read in the archives that someone who got the 2-13 thought
it
>didn't snap into focus as positively as the 1-13.  I'd appreciate
hearing
>from anyone with experience with both screens.

i thought they were backordered anyway?

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright