[OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2

Subject: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 07:20:50 +0100
Peter Klein says
> I'd like to hear from anyone who has put the brighter 2-13 screen in
an
> OM-1 or OM-2.  Did you like the results?  Was it easier to focus?

I've used  1-xx screens in OM 1s and 2s for years, and have recently
been using 2-4 and 2-13 in 4Ti. The 2- screens are noticably brighter.
Experience so far is that they are much easier to focus in good to
middling light with a fast (f/2) lens. In poor light ("available
darkness" at a pub rock gig and trying to get some night shots for
TOPE2) I find focussing is harder. Maybe it's just my poor eyes, but I
find the micro-texture on the screen shows up more clearly than the
image itself. But for general use I really like them.

Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, in which case can one of our
all-knowing sages please show me the light!

> Did you have any problems with a discrepancy between the manual
exposure
> meter and the off-the-film automatic exposure?

No applicable. But you could ask John what the exposure adjustment is
(he has quoted it on-list recently) and apply it manually, using the
2- screen in good light and the 1- when you need it. The adjustment to
the mount to take the 2- does not prevent you using a 1-.

John