[OM] Weird question---and a little more

Subject: [OM] Weird question---and a little more
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 17:51:18 -0500
I have a question.

I got a package in today that I bought, quite a nice setup:

OM-4T - mint
OM-G - EX+
70-150 in hard case - Mint (case is beat up)
35-70/3.6 in soft case - EX+
50/1.8 SC - EX+
24/2.8 SC - VG-EX
Winder 2 - EX+
Bounce Grip 2 - Mint
T20 - Mint
T32 - Mint

All in much better shape than I expected, particularly the 4T. In fact, if I
didn't know better, I'd think it was new.

Here's my observations and questions.

The 35-70/3.6 has exactly the same feel as my other one.  The focus ring has
an unusual feel to it, essentially the 'smoothness' varies as you focus.  At
one end, it is easy to turn, at the other there is some friction.  Not
really a problem, just noticeable if it's pointed out to you (as it was on
my other one).  Since they feel the same, and I've heard the 3.6 has an
unusual feel, I think this is normal, but I'd like opinions.

That's not even the weird question.  The 4T is the question.  It's a
champagne body, but has a black base plate.  The base plate looks brand new
(but then, so does the body).  Also, it has a back that is similar to my 3T
(and my other 4T) where the film holder isn't painted black, it's more of a
brushed grey.

So, my question is:  Does this mean the camera has been repaired or were
there versions of the 4T that came with black base plates.  If the base
plate looked new and the rest was torn up or user, then it would be obvious,
but it's not.

I'll shoot with it and test it, but I think this is all wonderful stuff.

Thanks!

Tom