Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:30:01 +0800

Richard Schaetzl wrote:

> Ulf Westerberg schrieb:
>
> > I tried the 2-4 (modified tab) on my OM-1n and tested the discrepancies
> > quite thouroghly. I found that they depended on the focal length of the
> > lens. For 24mm I'd get a certain descrepancy, say -1 (forgotten exactly),
> > for 50mm right on, for 200mm 1+ etc. I made the tests over and over again
> > as I couldn't believe my own eyes. I even shot a testroll (slide), oh yes,
> > confirmed everything.
>
> I have made the same observation, one reason not to use the series 2
> screens in an OM-1/2. Wonder if Beatty screens show the same
> deviations.
>
> > No one else in the list have reported these problems,
>
> I扉e reported my observations some time ago, not much response.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

Not much people care, may be they use the 2-series screen on the 3,4
and 4Ti only. I will not bother with the 2-series screen on my 1 and
2, since I mainly use the 4 and 4Ti. It is trouble enough for the
light entering the viewfinder of 1 and 2 that affect the meter
reading, just too much for a F4 zoom lens and even a F2.8 fix. It is a
problem even with the 2's auto exposure, sometimes I need the meter
reading to judge whether I can make a hand holding shoot with a long
lens. I'm a glasses wearer, the eye cup didn't help.

C.H.Ling