Re: [OM] Kodak Color Compensating Filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Color Compensating Filters
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 23:47:07 EDT
 erwin.voogt@xxxxxx writes:

<< I'm planning to make slide duplicates using the Kodak Ektachrome SO-366
 duplicating film. However, the manual of the film says I need the "color
 compansating filters" 10C, 10M and 80Y. A new role of SO-366 will probably
 need a different filter combination. Unfortunately the filters are quite
 difficult to get and moreover not very cheap (about $20 each).

I have used the Ektachrome dupe film successfully with my mylar color
enlarger filters.  I use a set of filters I had for Cibachrome printing. The
whole big filter set cost less than $20. Sometimes different enlarger/filter
manufacturers have different color numbering systems so beware you may have
to find the equivalent density if you already have a set with another number
system. I dupe with a filter pack between the flash and slide holder and
correct the filter pack for the flash color temperature when using tungsten
film. Imperfections in the filter have the least effect between the slide and
light source. Keep the filter well back from the slide so dust on the filters
remains well out of focus.

Regards,
            Tim Hughes