Re: [OM] What an OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] What an OM-1
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:16:16 +0200
On Wed, 17 May 2000 17:54:33 -0500, "Tom Scales"
<tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>This is an interesting OM-1.  I would hope it is solid gold, given his
>asking price.  The leather looks to be the aftermarket add-on and my guess
>is it's just plated somehow.  Did Olympus make a gold one?
>
>$1275!
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=334762162
>
>Somehow, I don't think he's going to get it.

I have seen this camera several times.
First it was owned by Jaap Korten, who sold it to the present owner (a
camera shop) for about the same price as the starting bid on eBay.

Since about a year the present owner advertizes this camera for DFL
8,000 (which is about $3,300).
It was advertized in the Dutch "Camera Magazine", and the latest
advertisment is also relayed on their website at
http://www.cameranet.nl/docs/adverteerders/hoogeveen.html
BTW, you will find many Dutch Camera shops there - but the
advertisements are always one month old or more....

Look for the chapter 'Diverse (verzamel)camera's' which means 'various
collectable cameras' and you will see the golden OM-1 there.

But there is one important difference: when I saw the camera in the
shop, it definitely had the gold 50/1.8 mounted. The owner may have
sold that separately...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland