Re: [OM] OM-4 wind problems.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 wind problems.
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 14:17:32 +0200
On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 03:43:44PM -0700, james olson wrote:
> i was wondering if anyone could help me with the following problem.... i
> have a well used and worn OM-4.  when i have no film in the camera, the
> camera winds very freely and correctly.  with film, exposures 1 - 20 or so
> are normal, then the camera gets increasingly hard to wind. around 28 or so,
> i can feel the camera slip from time to time, so i am getting overlapped
> frames.  it seems there is a sort of clutch inside, and i was wondering if
> this is possible to adjust, or if the camera is wearing out....

I´d suggest to check your film-loading technique. If you mount the beginning of
the film to
much in the fissure of the wind-up coil, your problem can occure.
When loading the film, make sure the beginning of the film doesn´t  stick up on
the other side
of the coil. Because then there is not enough space left to wind up the whole
film in the film chamber.

To make sure the film is transported correctly it is more importend that the
film is held with
the gear wheels, than the fixation in the wind-up coil. But check both before
closing the
back of the camera.

Frieder Faig