Re: [OM] Zuiko 28/2.8 aperture ring problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 28/2.8 aperture ring problem
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 19:54:08 +0000
There should be no nasty surprises if you remove the three screws in the
face of the lens mount and remove that.  Be slow and patient and draw
diagrams of how things go.

Do not used WD40 or oil or petroleum based grease IMO.

I had a binding aperture mechanism on a 50/1.2 and rubbing the point of a
pencil on the sliding surfaces deposited a minute layer of graphite which
was sufficient to fix it.

I have never opened a 28/2.8 but from what I can see, most zuiko primes
are fairly simmilar in construction, leaving aside those with floating
elements.

You could of course get the Olympus service center to give you a quote ;-)

Giles