Re: [OM] (Fwd) M1 on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) M1 on eBay
From: "George Sears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 19:58:50 -0400
This is the answer I received when I asked about the camera for sale being
the same one as depicted in the auction pics.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...................

Geo2

---

I  was  told  that  this  is  an  M-1 !!!  Olympus  had  to  change
markings ,  because  Leica  ownes  the  name  M-1 ,  so  only  1200  M-1
had  the  inscription  M-1 ,  others  were  changed  to  OM-1 ,  this
came  from  an  oldtime  Olympus  sales- rep , he  is  been  selling
cameras  for  29  years  and  has no  reason  to  lie  to  me !!!
Mckoews  also  mention  that  in  their  book !!!