Re: [OM] Problems with my Om-2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Problems with my Om-2n
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 07:53:29 +0000
Are you possibly trying it out without film in it?  If so, that might be
your problem.

In auto, the metering is done Off The Film (OTF) by measuring the light
reflected from the film.  If you don't have film in it then the black
pressure plate will be substituted for the film and being so black it will
reflect very little light so the exposure might be long.

Another thing is the OM-2n is capable of auto exposure of several
minutes, are you waiting long enough for it to finish?

Another thing to check is are the batteries in good shape and of the
correct type?  Silver oxide 357's are probably the best with SR44's the
next best

Giles