Re: [OM] Pocket camera, was Bargain of the Weekend?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pocket camera, was Bargain of the Weekend?
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:44:33 +0100
Michael P. Dodson wrote:

>Even though I own an XA in wonderful condition, I carry a Stylus Epic in
>my briefcase everyday with an extra roll of film.

My 'new' pocket camera is a used Ricoh GR1, which I'm almost mesmerised by.
I originally thought that a fixed 28mm would be too short for general use,
but after using an Espio 928 for a few months and hardly ever zooming it
from its 28 setting, I decided it was a must.
After two Oly compact camera failures in a matter of months I just couldn't
bring myself to buy a mju/Stylus. I already have too many cameras with 35mm
lenses anyway, a focal length that I don't much like.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx